Thursday, December 8, 2022

What was I about to say?

Having brain fog is embarrassing. Stumbling for words... Having a good story and forgetting it halfway thru or not being able to remember someone's name... Or remember the word for something that you are describing.  I have ran into this with simple words and it is so embarrassing for me. I get sympathetic looks or I get "What the hell is wrong with you?" looks. 

Some of it is caused by all the meds that I take in order to be able to tolerate the pain at work. Some of it is caused from my health conditions, mainly fibromyalgia.

But here lately I just feel hopeless. I mean.... At what point as a chronic pain sufferer does someone say enough is enough and just goes home.... For good.... Is it necessary to be a part of a team? To work every day not knowing if you are going to be able to sit upright in that chair for the full 8 hrs? All of my coworkers are understanding, so it's not that. It's just that it emotionally hurts to not contribute as much as others. Not being able to stand at a desk because your blood pressure and heart rate are going nuts the longer you stand? 

I just don't know.  I keep praying that my body will allow me to work nine more years so that I can officially retire instead of go on disability

No comments:

What was I about to say?

Having brain fog is embarrassing. Stumbling for words... Having a good story and forgetting it halfway thru or not being able to remember so...